However, the plaintiff filed to drop the case on Thursday, telling the publication the same day: ‘In light of the evidence and after consultation with my attorneys, I have decided to withdraw my lawsuit.
‘No payment was offered or requested. I regret filing the lawsuit.’
The star was accused of coercing a woman into a ‘lewd sex act’ and filming it during an after-party in Las Vegas in 2019 following one of his gigs at the Wynn hotel in the desert city.
It was claimed the Major Lazer star, real name Thomas Wesley Pentz, invited her to his room as the security team asked everyone to leave, including a male friend who was allegedly punched in the face when he refused to leave without her.
It was then alleged Diplo told the woman she could not leave before she peformed the sex act on him, which she says she agreed to after realising there was no way out.
It was claimed he filmed her without her consent.
Diplo‘s attorney Bryan Freedman said in a statement after the lawsuit was dropped: ‘As we said when we first learned of this lawsuit, there was absolutely irrefutable evidence that proved that the allegations it contained were false. As soon as we shared that plethora of evidence with the plaintiff’s lawyers, they recognized that they needed to withdraw their suit immediately.
‘This demonstrably false claim… has caused great harm. While that damage can never fully be undone, we are glad to see this lawsuit be dismissed with prejudice.’
Before the lawsuit was dropped, the woman was suing Diplo for damages, claiming she feared for her safety and was in no condition to grant consent.
Diplo’s lawyer denied the claims last week, branding them ‘outrageous’.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
MORE : Mayim Bialik gives fans hope of The Big Bang Theory reunion as she shares throwback snap
MORE : Will Smith’s boxing trainer reveals extreme lengths actor went to for movie about Mohammad Ali
Thanks for reading the whole article. If you wish to get an daily update about Diplo’s accuser drops sexual assault lawsuit , click on the bell button to subscribe for the notifications.