Last summer, with the world still trying to deal with the pandemic and many stores still closed, McDonald’s decide to cancel their annual Monopoly promotion.
The competition where you can get prizes presented on tiny cards that look like pieces of the board game had been running for 15 years and fans were upset to miss out.
But the good news is that McDonald’s has announced it will be back this summer.
It had been due to start on March 25 last year but with all restaurants closed, initial hopes were it would continue later in the year when stores reopened.
When it became clear that the pandemic was going to go on longer than anticipated, McDonald’s decided to cancel it altogether in a bid to ‘minimise pressure on employees’.
While most probably didn’t anticipate we’d still be going through lockdown 12 months on, McDonald’s reassured customers they’d bring it back in 2021.
With hopes that the government road map means we can get back to some sort of normal after June 21, the fast food chain has moved the Monopoly to the summer months, rather than spring like in previous years.
Fans on social media were excited to get back to collecting the cards. Some give you an instant win for some free food, while others require you to collect a set of the colours to get something bigger.
One said: ‘Oh. my. god. this has made my day!!’
Another added: ‘Woooooooo *eats all the burgers*’
‘Brilliant News and can’t wait,’ someone else said.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE : Creme Egg McFlurry returns to McDonald’s this week
MORE : McDonald’s is selling nuggets for 99p and offering 30% off its menu this week
Thanks for reading the whole article. If you wish to get an daily update about McDonald’s Monopoly is coming back after being cancelled last year , click on the bell button to subscribe for the notifications.