fbpx

Piers Morgan takes swipe at Meghan Markle ahead of interview

Piers has made another dig at Meghan (Picture: Getty Images)

Piers Morgan has made yet another dig at Meghan Markle as he gears up for his upcoming interview with Tucker Carlson.

The 56-year-old will star in his first chat since leaving Good Morning Britain after his comments on the Duchess of Sussex’s interview with Oprah Winfrey prompted a record-breaking number of complaints to Ofcom.

He’s made good use of his Twitter account to take another swipe at the situation.

Piers quoted a tweet about a report on his interview, and paraphrased Meghan, writing: ‘Time for America to hear MY truth….’

He had previously made a dig at Meghan earlier this week, after he tweeted the news of his interview with Tucker – who has been the host of current affairs show Tucker Carlson Tonight on Fox News since 2016.

‘UPDATE: On Monday, I will give my first interview since leaving Good Morning Britain to @TuckerCarlson on his new @foxnation show, with highlights that evening on his @FoxNews show,’ he wrote.

He then added: ‘Was I silent, or was I silenced?’ alongside a crying with laughter emoji, in a not-so subtle nod to Oprah’s use of the phrase in the media mogul’s conversation with the Duchess.

Piers’ interview with Tucker will be broadcast on Fox Nation programme Tucker Carlson Today.

Following the airing of Meghan and Prince Harry’s interview with Oprah, then-GMB presenter Piers said that he didn’t believe several of the Duchess’ claims, an opinion that he doubled down on after his exit.

Prior to his departure, he and co-star Alex Beresford got into a heated row over his comments, which resulted in him storming off set.

Piers Morgan

Piers has quit Good Morning Britain following his comments regarding Meghan’s interview (Picture: ITV/Rex)
Piers said he did not believe many of Meghan’s claims made during her interview with Oprah (Picture: CBS)

Piers later admitted that he ‘shouldn’t have’ stormed off during their dispute, in an article for The Mail On Sunday.

He wrote: ‘I knew it wasn’t a good look, the great snowflake-basher running away from confrontation. And on reflection, I shouldn’t have done it.

Adil Ray

Adil Ray will now replace Piers on GMB (Picture: Rex)

‘But in the heat of the moment, in my rather strained state of mind, this seemed the less worse option.’

It’s since been announced that Adil Ray will be hosting GMB throughout April following Piers’ exit.

The presenter will host Monday to Wednesday for the month, alongside Kate Garraway and then Susanna Reid.

Meanwhile, it’s been reported that Piers may be joining upcoming news channel GB News.

Got A Story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : Ant and Dec brush off Ofcom complaints as they dive back in with height jokes on Saturday Night Takeaway


MORE : Alan Carr age, husband, net worth and career as Epic Gameshow returns

Thanks for reading the whole article. If you wish to get an daily update about Piers Morgan takes swipe at Meghan Markle ahead of interview , click on the bell button to subscribe for the notifications.

Also, we are now available on all social media:
Follow us for Giveaways and Offers: https://www.flow.page/g-covers

For any Paid Promotions contact us here: https://www.flow.page/g-covers