It’s official, Biscoff has taken over the planet.
From cheesecakes to coffee, delights incorporating the biscuits are everywhere.
We love the versatility of the delicious treat but the latest take on the craze may be taking the obsession a little too far.
You see, Biscoff fried chicken is a thing and we don’t know how to feel about it.
This new food trend is simple in concept.
Doing exactly what it says on the tin, it’s deep-fried chicken fillets coated in Biscoff infused savoury breadcrumbs.
Unlike other food fads which originate on social media, Biscoff fried chicken is being catapulted into popularity by restaurants.
Establishments such as The Food Alchemist in Wolverhampton are running with it and making Biscoff fried chicken a street food staple.
However, you too can make the interesting feast at home because it’s surprisingly easy to cook.
This recipe from The Food Lover Blog is foolproof, so it’s definitely time to try this unusual delicacy for yourself.
- 1 cup & 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour (separate bowls)
- Massage drumsticks with salt & pepper, feel free to add spices of your choice.
- Mix 1 cup of flour, seasoned breadcrumbs, crushed Biscoff and cornstarch in a shallow dish.
- Place 1/2 cup of flour in another shallow dish and whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Dredge seasoned chicken in plain flour, coat in beaten eggs and dredge in flour/Biscoff mixture (be generous).
- Heat oil in frying pan and fry coated drumsticks on both sides till golden brown. (Estimated time is 5 minutes on each side).
- Serve garnished with dill leaves and sweet and sour dipping sauce.
Do you have a story to share?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE : This homemade instant pot noodles recipe is a perfect hassle-free meal
MORE : Iced Biscoff lattes are trending and we can see why
MORE : How to make no-bake Biscoff rocky road with just five ingredients
The lifestyle email from Metro.co.uk
Get your need-to-know lifestyle news and features straight to your inbox.
Not convinced? Find out more
Thanks for reading the whole article. If you wish to get an daily update about This isn’t a drill, Biscoff fried chicken is a real thing
, click on the bell button to subscribe for the notifications.
Also, we are now available on all social media:
Follow us for Giveaways and Offers: https://www.flow.page/g-covers
For any Paid Promotions contact us here: https://www.flow.page/g-covers